To create an event in CPanel, follow the steps below:
- 1. Go to the Events tab and click on My Events. In this section you will see the list of events you have created (active and historical). If you have not created any event yet, the list will be empty. To search through your events, click on Filter and you will see the filters that you can select.
- 2. Click New Event on the top right of the Event List section to create a new event
- 3. On the New Event screen enter the basic event information: producer, event name and event category; to access the rest of the settings.
Click on Create and you will be taken to the event setting details.
How to set up an event
After creating a new event, log in and enter the information shown in each tab.
- General data
- Venue templates
- Performances packs
Remember to click Save (on the bottom right) to save your changes before switching tabs.
General data of an event
In the General Data section, under Events > My Events, there are three sections:
- Main information: Enter the basic information of the event and specify the category to which it belongs. It is important to configure the Tour if there is one, as it cannot be modified once a sale for the event has been made, and the Subscription list. Select the languages for the event.
- Attendee tickets: when activated, during a purchase process, buyers will have to identify the attendees of your event. You can choose which fields you need (so that they appear on the ticket and are recorded in your listings). You will also be able to select from all the channels that sell your event, in which ones it will be mandatory to identify the attendees and in which ones it will not.
- Other configurations: Indicate if your event has a Festival/Tour format and if performances packs will be registered. You can also activate the bookings.
To set up the general details of an event, please fill in all the information requested in these two sections. Click on the X icon to get help on the information that we require. And remember that the fields marked with an asterisk are obligatory.
You can Import your data and the personal data of the user with which you have accessed the platform will be copied.
Before changing sections, click Save to save your changes.
How to add a venue template to your event.
In the Venue Templates section of an event configuration, under Events > My Events, you can add and set up a venue template.
If you need a graphic template, it must be designed by Onebox beforehand.
Our recommendation is that you first configure the venue template in Events > Configurations and, once set up, add it to the event by following these steps:
1. Select the New template option.
2. Select the venue where the event will be held.
3. Choose a type of template:
· Base Template: You can select the template you have configured in the Configurations section.
· New template: You can create a new template. This case is only recommended for non-graphic templates, as graphic templates need to be designed by Onebox beforehand.
Remember that you can select one or more templates per event.
4. Once the template has been added, click on Save changes.
Once the template is linked to the event, you will be able to edit all the label groups to distribute the seating capacity as you wish: creating blocks, defining price zones, sales lots, marking the seats with reduced or no visibility and assigning gates.
Please note that changes made within the venue template do not modify the information inherited from the parent template found in the Event Management - Configurations menu.
How to configure the rates and prices of an event.
It is necessary to have set up the event template and its price zones before assigning prices. Once you have done this, go to the Pricing section and you will be able to define the rates, surcharges and prices (per price zone).
· If you want to create different rates for each price zone:
Click on the Rates section and, in the blank space (under Rates), type the name of the Rate you want to create and click on Add rate. When you create the different rates, they will be placed in columns in the table at the bottom of this section.
Once the rates have been created, double click on the zeros that appear in the different cells of the table and assign the amount you wish to apply to each combination of Rate and Price Zone.
By default, a General rate is displayed, which you can delete once you have created other rates. To delete a rate, make sure it is not the main rate (marked with a star) and click on the container symbol. If it is marked with a star, just click on the star of another rate and this will become the main rate.
In this same section, if you access the communication tab, you will be able to define a specific text for the price zone that will be displayed during the purchase process and that will help you to highlight any particularity that you want to make visible to a buyer before making the purchase.
From this section, if you access the Ticket Contents tab, you will always be able to modify the Event Title, the Subtitle and the Other Data field by price zone.
· If you only need a single rate per price zone:
Double-click on the zeros that appear in the different cells of the table at the bottom of the screen and assign each Price Zone the amount of the rate you wish to apply.
In the Performance section we will assign the rates to the different performances.
Before moving on to the Surcharges section, remember to Save your changes.
How to set up surcharges on the prices of an event:
The surcharges for tickets, invitations and promotional tickets are edited in the section Surcharges.
To create a surcharge you have three setting options:
· Fixed surcharge: Defines the surcharge as a numerical amount.
· Percentage: Defines the surcharge in percentage value.
· New price range: Use the ranges to include surcharges depending on the price of the tickets.
You can also inform the sales channels of the minimum and maximum surcharges they can apply to your tickets.
Before moving on to the next section, remember to click on Save.
How to set up the performances of an event
To set up the performances of an event, go to Performance, under Events > My Events.
To create a new performance, click on Add performance at the top left of the screen and select, depending on your needs, to create a new single performance or to create multiple performances.
· How to register a new performance
Enter all the basic data such as: name, login, venue template to which it is linked and the rate and taxes that apply. You can also select the date of publication in channels and date of the start of sales.
Note: All information can be modified, except the venue template you have selected for each performance.
How to register multiple performances
In the case of selecting the option to register multiple performances:
1. Enter the data of a base performance: name, duration, venue template, etc.
2. Click on Next and set the repetitions for this performance by modifying the start date, time and days of the week.
3. Click on Next again and confirm that you have successfully created all performances in a calendar.4. Click on Create X performances and all calendar performances will be created.
Once the performances have been created, which we can see in the list on the left-hand side of the screen, we can set the details of each one of them. By default, all of them will be created with the information of the venue template to which they are linked, but it is possible to set up personalised blocks for each performance, to make changes in the status of the seats and to assign sales lots. Price zones cannot be modified as they are defined in the venue template.
To make customised blocks for each performance, select the performance in the list and modify the detailed information in the tab Perfomance Capacity.
How to set up performances packs
When creating the event, in the general data menu, you must activate the box that enables the setting up of performances packs. These can be of two types:
· Restrictive : this option makes any seat linked to a pack unlinked to the component performances, so it can only be sold in the performance pack.
· Free pass: this option allows the same seat to be on sale simultaneously in the pack performances and in the individual performances.
Once you have set this up, from the Performance pack menu you can create an event pack performance by linking the individual performances you are interested in and defining which rate it should be linked to.
Afterwards, all you have to do is link which seats you want to be on sale in the event pack performance.
You can create more than one event pack performance, and an individual performance can be linked to more than one event pack performance simultaneously.
How to set up the communication of an event.
In the Communication section, under Events > My Events, you can design the texts and images that will appear on the web portals, the PDF and ZPL ticket and the invitations.
Channel contents: Define the basic content of the event that will appear on the website: title, subtitle, description, language and duration, images and purchase receipt.
Ticket contents: Set up the content of the ticket in PDF and ZPL: text and images. In this section you can also choose the ticket templates you want to use in the event.
Note: The ticket content can be defined in several sections: events, channels, sales requests and ticket templates. If set up in more than one, a hierarchy of information is established in this order: events, channels, sales requests and ticket templates.
How to add channels to an event.
In the Channels section, under Events > My Events, add the channels where you want to sell tickets to your event. To add a new channel:
- 1. Click on New / Add channel in the centre of the screen and select the channel you are interested in from the channel list.
- 2. Once selected, click on Request to submit the sales request.
If as an organiser you have your own channel, you can accept the request in Channels > Sales requests > Define channel operations. See the manual How sales requests work for more information.
- 3. In the Operative section, select the publication dates and, to activate the sale in the channel, click on the button to make it ON.
- 4. Check the Sales Lots and decide whether you want to put all the seats on sale in this channel or just some of the sales lots. In the Select option you can mark on the list which sales lots you want to assign to this channel. Please note that the system automatically marks the option All by default, so it is necessary to check this section when activating a new channel before putting it on sale.
Note: To be able to define the other tabs of the channel, the Sales Request must be accepted. The next steps are:
· Channel costs
How to set the surcharges and costs of a channel.
In this tab you define the default surcharges or specific surcharges for the event. It is also possible to set different surcharges for tickets with discount.
In PVP Preview you can see a simulation of the surcharges including handling fees applied to the ticket price.
You can consult: How to set the surcharges for an event
In this section you can set the costs or commissions of a channel. This information is purely informative and is not reflected anywhere and is not passed on to the customer.
In addition, in Channels you will be able to
- In section 1) Event website: you can access the link or URL of the event/performances.
- In section 3) Tickets: you will be able to preview the PDF Ticket.
How to set up event promotions
To create a new promotion, follow these instructions:
- 1. Click on New.
- 2. Define the type of promotion you want to set up on each channel and add the name and description.
Automatic: The promoted price is applied directly. This type of promotion is aimed at providing a price incentive, which is visible and comparable from the start of the purchase. The buyer will not have to select anything in the purchase process, the promotion will appear automatically
Promotions: Applicable to certain groups via validation or to all users. The promotion or incentive is applied after validating a code. In this case activation by the user (if required) is necessary.
Discounts: Aimed at giving a different price or establishing a new base price. It can be a fixed discount, percentage discount or a new base price. User activation is required as the incentive is applied after validating a code (if required).
3. To set up the promotion, consider these basic parameters:
- Main Information: Name of the promotion on Cpanel, name of the promotion on the channels and description of the promotion.
- Operational: Select who the promotion is aimed at and on which channels. Here you can also configure different ticket options, the period of validity of the promotion and its limits.
- Incentive: Set the type of discount for the promotion: fixed, percentual or new base price.
- Products: Select the performances on promotion.
- Locations: Select the price zones affected by the promotion.
For more information on promotions, see the article Creating promotions at an event.